ULTRA -- 'Roman Holiday' 2-LP/7" (DOM US 2LP 21/DOM USS 22)
Double LP reissue of 1997 9-track CD, with an additional 7 tracks taken from various 7"s and compilations to bring you 16 songs of unparalleled refinement and sensitivity (and often a great deal less). Bonus 7" E.P. contains two previously unreleased tracks culled from the 'Zoll' sessions.
1. Enjoyment or satisfaction derived from observing the suffering of others.
2. A violent public spectacle or disturbance in which shame, degradation, or physical harm is intentionally inflicted on one person or group by another.
3. Album title by a triad of libertines, known as ULTRA, generally assumed to originate from the Pacific Northwest of the US, with ties to musical luminaries from the industrial, avant-garde and power electronics underbelly. An album title that compiles selections from a plethora of sources now long out of print, generally impossible to find and, in a few cases, unreleased. This double LP + 7" reissue represents an even more thorough excretion than the CD version released by g.m.b.h. too many years ago. It is a welcomed purging for those of us who remember when "noise" and industrial" music were more than a cacophony of untalented alterna-culture jocks pretending to be 'different'.
ULTRA has a lengthy history, paralleling that of bands like Whitehouse and The Sodality. It's industrial, avant-garde, electronic music of the likes no longer known. ULTRA combines the fine art of subtlety, poetry and some bizarre sense of decorum here that must be synonymous with piano. Because piano = sophistication, right? The tracks are not necessarily overt or belligerent the way that modern 'noise' musicians tend to be trained, although each track has its own disturbingly prickly quality.
ULTRA creates a mixed sense of elation, ease, discomfort and a wantonness for predation upon repeated listenings. This music has a mercurial nature in that it continues to assume new shapes and presents alternate visions; elucidates novel anxieties; promotes unforeseen paranoias; and instigates troubling moral dilemmas. It's like a subconscious setback, a week spent in stupor chasing the dragon or, alternately, a nighttime prowl for some tail to bloody up real good. It's the catch being better than the chase. It's the fulmination of libertinage and it's strung together with enough instrumentation to disconcert the taker for all he has.
He? I'm sure there are a few women who might find this titillating, but not as many as the men who will get off on such charms like 'New Centurion' or 'Whistle for your Mistress'. The fully depraved will probably drop seed to 'Letter of Introduction'—possibly the most disturbing track I've ever heard alongside 'Danse Macabre' by Celtic Frost or a track or two from Premature Ejaculations. The music becomes Ted Bundy wearing the cast to lure prey into his van. It's the pervert luring the kid into his car with candy. It's the record on the turntable of the bogeyman that propels him before his nightly stalkings.
This is a true celebration and exaltation of personal gratification, no matter the cost to others. Yes, libertine to the bone!"-Tyler Davis, The Ajna Offensive
Limited pressing of 500 copies total.
Special Edition is SOLD OUT. Please do not order.
Normal black vinyl edition is $19 plus postage (see rates below).
Postage rates are as follows:
USA (Media Mail)-$4.50 1st LP, $0.50 each add'l record (this includes delivery confirmation service)
USA (Priority Mail)-$8.50 1st LP, $0.50 each add'l record (this includes delivery confirmation service)
Canada (First Class Airmail)-$8.00 1st LP, $1 each add'l record
UK/Europe (First Class Airmail)-$13.50 1st LP, $1.50 each add'l
Japan/Australia/Everywhere Else(First Class Airmail)-$15.00 1st LP, $1.50 each add'l record
Paypal payments to DOMAMERICA@GMAIL.COM.
Postal or International Money Order (In US funds) made payable to Judd Taylor. Send to:
PO Box 4411
Contact email@example.com for wholesale or any other inquiries.
1. Clusterfuck (Family Version)
2. Whistle For Your Mistress
4. Doll Rally
5. New Centurion (7" version)
6. I Can't Stand a Bitchy Chick*
8. Perfect Pitch and Manchester United
9. Letter of Introduction
11. Wad II
13. Clusterfuck II
14. La Reunión
16. ...And Forgotten
17. Subway Etiquette MkII
18. La Fixation Insupportable
Friday, March 12, 2010
Subscribe to: Posts (Atom)